Cricket season for the ladies is coming to a close on a high. Afri Power Engineering is here to sponsor an action packed 6s tournament. The one day tournament shall be played in Lugogo on Sat Dec 1st.
What’s a 6s challenge?
The Laws of Cricket apply, except:
- Games are played between two teams of six players, and each game consists of a maximum of five six-ball overs bowled by each side (eight-ball overs in the final match).
- Each member of the fielding side bowls one over, with the exception of the wicket-keeper.
- Wides and No-balls count as two runs.
- If five wickets fall before 5 overs are completed, the last remaining batsman bats on with the fifth batsman acting as a runner. He always takes strike. The innings is complete when the sixth wicket falls.
- Batsmen retire not out on reaching 31 runs. The idea being to reach 36 runs by hitting 6 sixes. A retired batsman can return to the crease after lower-order batsmen either retire or are out.
- A tournament points system awards two points for each match won.
List of Participating teams and players to watch.
- Olila High CC(Racheal Ntono, Janet Mbabazi, Damalie Busingye, Esther Iloku)
- Aziz Damani CC(Getude Candiru, Immaculate Nakisuyi, Jennifer Nabwana)
- Tornado Bee CC(Jasmine Nabulya, Jovia Giramia, Sherrypal Kutaaka)
- Ceylon Lions ‘B’(Josephine Nampeera, Daphine Atwongeire, Brilliant Alochi)
- KICC (Franklin Najjumba, Patricia Malemeika, Mary Nanderenga)
- Aziz Damani ‘B’(Mary Kagoya Nyende, Julia Karunji, Teddy Oyella, Consy Aweko)
- Ceylon Lions CC(Eunice Kobusingye, Esther kayaga, Patricia Nandera)
- Premier CC(Charity Nyokaru, Maria Mwesige, Efrance Nantale)